I love the optimism of a new year. The trail was crowded this morning with happy groups of runners and hikers.
“Losing weight” is the top resolution for the New Year, followed closely by getting healthy, eating better, and exercising more. Although researchers from Anthem Health report that you have a 50 percent chance of your wellness resolution to last through the end of February, there are some simple tips to help you maintain your motivation! I found a great list of 10 on The Beachbody Blog:
ESTABLISH REALISTIC GOALS
MAKE EXERCISE CONVENIENT
BECOME A MORNING PERSON
MAKE EXERCISE MORE SOCIAL
OVERHAUL YOUR DIET THE RIGHT WAY
TEMPT YOURSELF TO SWEAT
FIND THE FUN IN FITNESS
REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES
AVOID AN INJURY
READ BLOGS THAT INSPIRE YOU
You CAN do it and I’m always here to help!!
As promised here is your Challenge for this upcoming week:
Monday January 4, 2016: Challenge of the Week
Breakfast (as we ALL know) is one of the most important meals of the day.
With all of our hustle and bustle in the morning…..hopefully squeezing in an am workout, getting the kids off to school, getting ready for work…our breakfast sometimes hits the back burner.
Here are a handful of the many reasons you should eat a healthy breakfast:
It’ll improve your ability to focus & concentrate throughout the day
It’ll help you to maintain a healthy body weight
It’ll give you more ENERGY (which most of us need more of!)
It’ll Rev up your metabolism & kick-starts it into gear for the day
It’ll help you to get in your daily requirements for your vitamins & minerals
Your Challenge this week is to Eat A HEALTHY Breakfast EVERY day this week….should you CHOOSE to accept it!
1. COMMIT to eating a healthy breakfast EVERY day for the rest of the week.
2. Leave a COMMENT below (if you are seeing this on Facebook), or let me know via text or email saying that you ACCEPT this Challenge to hold yourself accountable!
3. PLAN out your breakfasts for the week on paper. Going in with a plan MASSIVELY increases your chances for success.
4. PREPARE. (This is KEY) Make a list of the ingredients that you need to make your healthy breakfasts for the rest of the week. Go to the grocery store and get all of the items needed. When you get back, make anything you are able to in advance when you have free time.
Goat Cheese, Tomato, and Parsley Scramble
Courtesy: Team Beachbody
This is the real breakfast of champions. Loaded with 33 grams of
muscle-building protein, this recipe will fill you up and fuel your day. Goat cheese, tomato and parsley are a perfect combination in this egg white scramble, but you can get creative and make this recipe your own. Substitute the same amount of feta cheese for the goat cheese if you prefer. Other fresh herbs like basil, cilantro, or chives can be used instead of parsley. Instead of tomatoes, try chopped zucchini, asparagus, or broccoli.
Total Time: 16 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 6 min.
Yield: 1 serving
8 large egg whites (1 cup)
1 dash sea salt
1 dash ground black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 Tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
2 Tbsp. crumbled soft goat cheese (½ oz.)
1. Combine egg whites, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Add egg mixture; cook slowly, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
4. Add tomato and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese; cook for 1 minute or until eggs are fully cooked.
Have a great week!!